|6 strips||Bacon||Organic Applewood Bacon|
|1||Medium yellow onion||Organic Yellow Onions|
|3-4||Cloves garlic||Organic Peeled Garlic|
|⅓ cup||All-purpose flour|
|2 ½ lbs||Gold potatoes||Gold Peewee Potatoes|
|4 cups||Chicken broth|
|⅔ cup||Heavy cream||A2 Heavy Cream|
|Pinch||Salt & pepper|
¼ - ½ tsp
|Ancho chili powder|
|⅔ cup||Sour cream|
- Place bacon pieces in a large Dutch Oven or soup pot over medium heat and cook until bacon is crisp and browned.
- Remove bacon pieces and set aside, leaving the fat in the pot.
- Add butter and chopped onion and cook over medium heat until onions are tender (3-5 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Sprinkle the flour over the ingredients in the pot and stir until smooth (use whisk if needed).
- Add diced potatoes to the pot along with chicken broth, milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and ancho chili powder. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork (about 10 minutes).
- Reduce heat to simmer and remove approximately half of the soup to a blender (be careful, it will be hot!) and puree until smooth (half is about 5 cups of soup, but just eyeballing the amount will be fine. Alternatively you can use an immersion blender.).
- Return the pureed soup to the pot and add sour cream and reserved chopped bacon pieces, stir well.
- Allow soup to simmer for 15 minutes before serving.
- Top with additional sour cream, bacon, cheddar cheese, or chives. Enjoy!